It's my first time entering a club today and...I FEEL SO YOUNG. Hahaha, cause 3/4 of the folks there are tai tais...Maybe I'll go sign up one day when I'm married. True Yoga promotes...yoga. Duh. They've got a lot of different kinds of yoga- healing yoga, power, therapy, asantha, hot yoga (ie. doing yoga in a high temperatured room so you detoxify as well as lose weight) blah blah...they also have pilates, yin&yang, sun...something and lunar something which I can't remember now, and combat as well as belly dance, bollywood, fusion, hot dance (which is something like aerobics I think, but more to a dancy sort) and classical.
Turns out someone entered as a member of True Yoga and then recommended me and my name got picked to have a free trial. I didn't want yoga so I asked for dance. And I got curious with classical. Classical...what? Contemporary? Jazz? Techniques? The coordinator said it is bare-footed and energetic and I got even more curious. What kind of dance is classical?
So I dragged poor Joanna along (I love you loads for coming~) to try out this classical dance and it turns out to be...
>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
Indian classical dance.
Haha. =D I had a lot of fun, I must admit. In some ways it is like ballet in terms of having a lot of plies (pronounce: plea- ehs) and looking at where your hands are pointing or when you move your hand. The teacher's poses are all really nice and well, graceful while the students were like...looked kind of retarded. There was this woman who just couldn't co-ordinate her limbs and she couldn't catch up with us, so it was sort of funny looking at her. And looking at yourself in the mirror, half the time I was giggling at myself.
Haha, I'm sure I made a fool of myself there though Joanna insists I did not and the teacher thinks I caught the steps fast and I did them well. >.> It was fun while it lasted...I do want to learn more but...I don't know. A lot of constrains I guess, like where will this dance lead to? How can it help me? I desperately need some sort of dance or...something, not only to keep healthy but also to keep myself awake in catching up steps and body co-ordination. It's such a nightmare when you realise that what you used to be good at is gone, I've always prided myself on this but I think I've talked about it before.
So...The club.
There is a locker room with showers, changing rooms, washrooms and a sauna or what they call a steam bath. Towels for bathing as well as to wipe off perspiration is available and there is a lounge area for you to relax in before class starts. Most of the teachers there come from India, where yoga first begun hence all the Indian dances. =) Most interesting...and I admit I'm quite impressed by the facilities. They are only short of a couple of things e.g. spa, gym, jacuzzi? Haha, but the payment isn't very justified if you don't have a lot of time in your hands. I'm really not willing to pay more than a hundred dollars monthly for unlimited class but how many of those classes am I able to go to? I have school which I still have to juggle projects and I do want to go work. Plus, I also have church stuff to go to and I still want my personal time to bum around. Tough.
My body clock is mad. I'm sure it's because I have been quite erratic with my meals. Last week I mostly skipped lunch, or had a very late lunch and very little breakfast then a rather heavy late dinner...and now...I sleep at 4plus in the morning, waking up only at around 12pm. And I still feel incredibly tired after that. Insomia? This is so bad. I need something to make me sleep, like sleeping pills. Or exercise. Or...I don't know. Plus, what's been quite worrying to me is that I'm starting to get heartburns, and side pains, not stitches just...I don't know, something inside hurting. Maybe my kidney? I don't know. Nothing too serious though, thankfully. I'm keeping a close check on myself and hopefully, slowly regulating everything before school starts.